Breakthrough

"So he said to me, "This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the Lord Almighty'"  Zechariah 4:6

Time and time again in my life, I have found myself in places and situations where my desired outcome and the likely outcome are on two different planets.  I truly desire to see character flaws weeded out, strained relationships restored, a victory won, etc.  Yet, for all my wishing and all my striving, I still seem to stand on this side of true breakthrough.

Zechariah and the people of his day understood this experience fully.  God knew they needed a word of encouragement. They were looking around at their difficult circumstances and their meager resources to deal with it and it just didn't add up.  It was right there in their hopelessness that God told them some humbling but fantastic news - "It's not about you. It's about me."

I don't know what challenges lie before you today, but God does.  Since he sent Jesus to deal with our biggest problem - sin, we can trust him to help us with all the others as well.  Our shoulders are too small.  Our will too weak.  Our minds too limited.  Our love too conditional.  As we learn to lean into his Spirit, we get see what's on the other of breakthrough.
 
Grace and Peace,

Tom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?