Making Sense


"You made me; you created me. Now, give me the sense to follow your commands."  Psalms 119:73 

"This is so easy," I said to myself as I loosened the car's headlight. After messing with it for a few minutes, the tube exploded in my hands. Thankfully, I wasn't hurt, but it did alert me to the fact that the bulb I broke was the high beam not the burned out low beam. "Amazingly," when I went online to learn how the lights were positioned on the car by the ones who made the car, I was able to replace it.

The Psalmist, in our verse for the day, answers some important questions. Who made us? God did. Who created us? Yep, still God. So, if we were interested in any way as to how life was supposed to work, who would have the inside track? And, once again, the answer is God himself. Graciously, he has provided instructions for us to follow. The only missing piece is the sense to do that. Good news! God will also provide that to any who will ask.

Decisions regarding every single facet of life are a part of our reality everyday. How do we navigate all these things? Where will we turn for direction? Who has that voice of authority and upon what is that authority based? As the creator of life, God speaks from a place of true objectivity and love. Life was his idea. It just makes sense to seek him out as to how to live it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?