Questions

So he, trembling and astonished, said, Lord, what do You want me to do? Then the Lord said to him, Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do. Acts 9:6


Saul (Paul) who had been persecuting the Disciples, within a matter of moments quickly had the correct response to Jesus and that was “Lord, what do You want me to do?” How many of us have looked not only to a New Year but each day and not bothered to stop and ask this question? This question changed Paul's life, and without a doubt it can change ours also. I had a very wise Elder tell me about 8 years ago that it is more important to ask all the right questions than it is to know all the right answers.
As a believer in Christ could there be a more important question that we should be asking? How much different can today, tomorrow and 2012 be if we ask that question vs. asking for God to bless our plans and our decisions? What if we not only ask but that we have the courage to respond?
Taking the advice of the Elder mentioned above, I don’t have the answer to these questions but for me these questions will be prayerfully asked repeatedly in 2012. I will be leaning into the Godly men in my life to encourage and support me in responding to his answers.


In Christ,
Matthew Likens

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?