All

“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

Kids and chores are frequently unhappy companions. I remember trying to avoid them as a kid and when I couldn't, I would stumble and grumble my way through them. Unfortunately, my children have inherited this proclivity to avoid chores as well. To describe their effort when they are not able to avoid them as "halfhearted" would be overstating the reality.

Reflecting on the verse for today, it would appear that halfheartedness is not confined to my personal experience. God led the prophet Jeremiah to include the word "all" in this well known and oft repeated verse. The promise of divine discovery is reserved for the passionate pursuer. The one who must, the one won't be distracted, the one who perseveres, the one who is undivided in focus ... This one will find.

God made you. He loves you and he is for you. Your best is the desire of his heart. He has not, is not and will never be hiding from you. The door is open. The invitation has been extended, "Come". The wonder of the divine/human communion awaits those who refuse to step back from the all. 
 
Grace and Peace,
 
Tom Wiles
tom@fallcreekchristian.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?