Heard

“I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live." Psalm 116:1-2

So many people are struggling to be heard these days. There seems to be no limit to the extremes people will go to try to get others to look their way. I'm so grateful for the people in my life who are great listeners. When speaking with them, I don't have to struggle to get a word into the conversation. As a matter of fact, my words are actually invited. And, if the words don't come out no good, it's okay. 

Being heard is a big deal ... a really big deal. The writer of today's verses expressed it beautifully. To be heard is to be loved. People are drawn to those who are simply willing to listen. There is no better listener than God himself. He's never too busy, too tired, or disinterested. His ears are turned towards you.

Today, there is someone around you hoping you'll listen. You have been gifted by God with two powerful tools, when used, tell others how much you love them ... your ears. Perhaps you've noticed a drift in a relationship with someone, a spouse, a child, a friend. Examine very carefully your commitment to listen to them. Perhaps, forward progress is just a good listen away.

Grace and Peace,
 
Tom Wiles
tom@fallcreekchristian.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?