Purpose

"I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill his purpose for me." Psalm 57:2

While fishing with a guide recently, I saw a tool on his boat that I hadn't seen before. It had an 18 inch handle with an "s" shaped metal end attached to the top. Once the fish started to fill the cooler, I saw him take the tool run it down the line to the hook and give it a little flip with his wrist. Immediately, the hook was dislodged and the fish flopped into the cooler. It was a perfectly designed tool to accomplish the purpose for which he made it.

Today's verse speaks to purpose as well. Specifically, mine and yours. I don't know about you, but I for one am extremely thankful that we were both made on purpose as well as to fulfill purposes. Accidents? Nope. Random chance? Nope. Dreams and destinies? Yep. It's important to note that the confidence of having God fulfill his purposes for us is found in the one who is crying out to him. Him being "God Most High."


There are times we all wonder if our life matters and if we're a part of anything of significance. Purpose is a big deal. Existing just to exist isn't a very compelling motivation for living. Attempting to generate some sense of meaning and purpose for ourselves is an unsatisfying pacifier as well. It leaves us with a hollow gnawing feeling deep in our stomachs. What are we supposed to do? Where do we turn? "I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill his purpose for me."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?