Stay

"You have stayed with me in my time of trial. And just as my Father has granted me a Kingdom, I now grant you the right to eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom. And you will sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." Luke 22:28-30

One of the first things my daughter and her husband did when they bought their first house was get a dog. A big happy go lucky golden doodle named, "Murphy." He is, of course, a family favorite and honestly I kind of like him too. They've worked on training him and have made some real progress. He'll stay when told to, most of the time. However, when the activity around is too much, staying becomes optional.

Jesus had much to say to his disciples as he prepared them for his imminent departure. He made them some amazing promises: they would have places of royalty in his Kingdom, to eat at his table and thrones upon which to rule. Wow! Those were some incredible promises. What was so great about these guys that it warranted this type of treatment? They stayed. When others had walked away, they simply stayed. 

Life is going to present us with the temptation to move, to quit, to leave, to throw in the towel when what's needed is for us to stay. Too many times we and many others we know have walked away ... sometimes from Jesus himself. Today, you and I are being tested. The eyes of heaven are upon us as we choose. Will we stay with Jesus and what he wants for our lives or will we walk away?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?