Tangled

"For the Lord sees clearly what a man does, examining every path he takes. The sins of a wicked man hold him captive; they are ropes that catch and hold him. He will die for lack of self control; he will be lost because of his incredible foolishness." Proverbs 5:22-23

While attempting to make the perfect cast, I heard an unusual buzzing sound coming from my reel. It was followed by a stumble producing yank as the lure failed to launch. I looked down to see that my line was in a terrible tangled mess. I had failed to exam my loop-filled reel before I reared back and attempted to cast the lure a country mile. My failure to examine my reel led to a massive snarl of line. There was nothing left to do but cut the line and start over.

We're told in our verses for the day that nothing escapes God's examination. He makes 20-20 vision look like cement goggles. The good, the bad, and the ugly ... he sees it all. We don't. We do, however, tangle ourselves up in bad decisions and moral mess-ups. As a matter of fact, we can't stop it from happening nor can we undo it once we've done it! Sorry state of affairs to be sure. The Good News, though, is that the One who sees is also the One who can cut lines and grant fresh starts.

I don't know the tangled mess that you've gotten yourself into, but God does. He sees clearly. We are captives. He is the liberator. Death and remaining lost belong to the incredibly foolish. How about, even today, you and I hand the rod and reel (our lives) to God and say, "Help!"

Grace and Peace,

Tom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?