Someone

"I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land. I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn't have to destroy the land, but I found no one."  Ezekiel 22:30

Many times in my life I've thought and even verbalized, "Someone needs to do something about that." I am in the process of being taught by God that when he allows me to see something it's because he intends for me to be that someone to do something about it. I wonder how much of God's power and glory I've missed pondering where that someone went to hide.

Ezekiel records the words of God regarding the people of Israel at his time. God couldn't find anyone interested in righteousness. Not one! God prefers mercy over judgment. He told us that. He's looking for a reason to hold off judgment. More specifically, a someone to stand between him and the people, a purveyor of righteousness. Someone like Jesus.

The search for that elusive someone is still on. Sin continues to wreak its havoc on a world reeling in its aftermath. Where are the someones who will stand up and stand in? Who will, through uncompromising obedience, give God every reason to stay his hand of judgment? He's searching. Once his eyes rest on us, will the words, "I found one!" ring from his lips? 

Grace and Peace,

Tom Wiles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?