In His Steps

"This suffering is all part of what God has called you to. Christ who suffered for you, is your example. Follow in his steps. He never sinned, and he never deceived anyone. He did not retaliate when he was insulted. When he suffered, he did not threaten to get even. He left his case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly."  I Peter 2:21-23

Being a directionally challenged person, I've learned the value of following. It doesn't matter if it's following a someone or a GPS. I just don't like being lost. It's unsettling. I've been lost in cities. I've been lost in the woods. I've been lost on lakes. I've even been lost in buildings. Having someone or something to follow that is reliable has saved me from a great deal of grief.

In our verses for the day, Peter has a thing or two to say about following. First and foremost, follow Christ. There are many options to choose from, but at the end of the day, come hell or high water, you will not regret following Jesus. You will live righteously and honestly. You will also suffer and be insulted without seeking revenge. But in the end, you will be vindicated in the courtroom of heaven.

Following Jesus isn't easy. It is, however, eternally life giving. You and I are choosing to follow something or someone. The path of least resistance beckons us. The path of everyone else is wildly popular. The path of Jesus is narrow, but it leads to life. Keep your eyes on his footprints. They're left behind for a reason. When it comes to living a God-pleasing life, we're all directionally challenged.

Grace and Peace,

Tom Wiles
tom@fallcreekchristian.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?