Shaken


“After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly."  Acts 4:31

I was sitting in my kitchen as a kid when I felt something I had never felt before. The water in the glass on the counter began to ripple and a muffled rattle was coming from the cabinets. Bewildered, I strained my young mind trying to figure out just exactly what was happening. And then ... "Earthquake!!" Well, okay a mild tremor, but still, it was certainly an anomaly and a bit disconcerting. Things, me, being shaken by a powerful force forged an indelible memory in my brain.

The group in Acts 4:31 were shaken as well. No, it wasn't an earthquake, a passing jet, or a crashing thunderbolt. None of those come close to the force that shook their meeting place that day. It was nothing less than God himself, the Holy Spirit,who filled them up from the top of their heads to the soles of their feet. This manifestation of power was God's response to their bold pursuit of him in prayer.

I don't know about you, but I think I'm ready for a good shaking. To have a soul so full of God that it soars with divine purpose. It all begins with a place and prayer. What would being shaken mean in your life right now? What's hindering you from being filled with the Holy Spirit? 

Grace and Peace,

Tom Wiles
tom@fallcreekchristian.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?