Find. Bring.


"The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother, Simon, and tell him, 'We have found the Messiah' (which means the Christ). Then Andrew brought Simon to meet Jesus. Looking intently at Simon, Jesus said, 'You are Simon, the son of John -- but you will be called Cephas' (which means Peter; literally 'rock')"  John 1:41-42

The other day my cable/tv remote was not working. Being a serious channel surfer, this breakdown was a serious problem. I pushed on those buttons and turned everything off and on so many times I got dizzy. With frustration building with each passing minute, I remembered this thing called the internet. Amazingly, I found the solution to my problem relatively quickly. Why do we tend to complicate the simple?  

Andrew was a no-nonsense thinker. He was the straightforward uncomplicated kind of guy. He knew who he was looking for. God said it. He believed it. A Messiah, a Savior, a Rescuer is coming. When he was introduced to Jesus, no DNA test was necessary. He knew who he was and was overjoyed. What do you do when you meet the Savior of the world? You find and you bring. It's not complicated.

Many Jesus followers today get frozen in their tracks when they think about telling others about Jesus. "I don't know the Bible enough." "I won't be able to answer every question thrown at me." "I'm not perfect." Oh good. None of that is needed to share Jesus with others. Andrew wasn't a theologian, a know-it-all, or a sinless representative of heaven. Just a guy who was willing to find and to bring. Are we? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?