God's Word


"Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. I've promised it once, and I'll promise again: I will obey your wonderful laws."
Psalm 119:105-106

As the light began to fade on my flashlight, I realized just how much I desperately needed it. The crawl through the cave was intense enough with a flashlight, but without one, it was just dangerous. Thankfully, I was with a group of guys whose flashlights were still shining bright and we were near the final stretch before the exit. Even still, I acquired a few unnecessary bruises due to what was lurking in the shadows. 

The author of this Psalm was passionate about the word of God. He knew that all of life was critically shaped by God's instructions. He knew that truth had been revealed through God's word and to neglect it would mean to surrender the freedom that it produced. He pointed out in these verses that taking even one step untrained by God's word was a step into darkness. 

If we are a Jesus follower, we are called to handle accurately the word of God. We are not to remove anything from it or add anything to it. His word leads us to Jesus to eternal life. If we reject it, we die in our sins. If we neglect it, we mount up unnecessary regrets. If we hear it and act on it, we experience life and life to the fullest. Have you promised to obey God's wonderful laws? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?