Trust


"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal rock." Isaiah 26:3-4

As my yet to know how to swim granddaughter tip toes to the edge of the pool, her mom says, "Jump sweetheart, I've got you!" She gleefully complies completely confident that mom does indeed "got her." It's a simple childlike trust in one who has proven to be faithful again and again. We do get concerned however, that her fearlessness may embolden her to jump when no one is present to catch her. 

Isaiah, in our passage for the day, had a few passionate comments to make about trust. Trust and peace go together. Specifically, placing trust in the Lord will produce the wonderful fruit of peace. He is quick to add that this trust is produced in the life of a person who has their minds fixed on the Lord. He occupies their thoughts. He is continuously in view. He is ever stable. 

I confess that more often than I care to admit, "perfect peace" is not my reality. What about you? When my blood pressure rises, when small things feel huge, and when my sleep is being robbed, I know my mind is everywhere except on the "eternal rock." He has proven himself faithful again and again. Let's keep our focus on him so that when we jump, it's towards him, toward perfect peace. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?