Victory

How come we get so excited or defeated and let our emotions get so wrapped up in sports and outcomes of how our favorite teams do? I have been a long time Colts fan (1984) and this season has been discouraging but really how come we get so frustrated?  This weekend was a nice break I admit that as they didn’t lose, of course they didn’t play however my Boilers did manage to provide me a football loss and mens basketball loss just to make sure I didn’t forget that feeling of defeat.
If you haven’t picked up on it yet, I have been laughing at myself that I actually think of these things and that a win can make me jump off the coach and throw my hands in the air and a loss can aggravate us and put us in a bad mood. 
It disappoints me in what will make me jump up off the coach or out of my seat and raise my hands in victory about or should I say in what I don’t jump out of my seat and raise my hands in VICTORY FOR.
1 Corinthians 15:57 "But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Let's not wait until next Thanksgiving to be thankful!

- Matthew Likens

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?