The Bottom Line

"Long ago God spoke many times and in many ways to our ancestors through the prophets. But now in these final days, he has spoken to us through his Son. God promised everything to the Son as an inheritance, and through the Son he made the universe and everything in it. The Son reflects God's own glory, and everything about him represents God exactly. He sustains the universe by the mighty power of his command. After he died to cleanse us from the stain of sin, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God of heaven."
Hebrews 1:1-3

As a point of confession, there are many times where I come up dreadfully short in the listening department. As a point of example, there are occasions when my wife communicates to me in lengthy and detailed fashion making sure that I fully grasp all the intricacies of the situation. My mind feverishly races trying to piece together just exactly where the story is headed. And then, in my less admirable moments of impatience, I find myself blurting out something like, "Could you please just land the plane?" Oops...

Here in Hebrews, it seems as if the author has made a conscious decision to introduce bottom line type people to God's Son, Jesus. The Word. The Inheritor. The Creator. The Reflection. The Sustainer. The Cleanser. The Honoree. Jesus.

Wow! Now that's what I call landing the plane! The bottom line question in light of this bottom line introduction is this, "Have we embraced Jesus fully as he is introduced here in this passage?"

Grace and Peace,

Tom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?