Getting it Right

"But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it."   Numbers 14:24

In the too few moments in my life where I could honestly say, "I got it right", each one would have a connection point with God's instructions.  I have never experienced regret, guilt or shame when I chose to trust and obey God.  I am unable to recall any time when I did not obey God and left feeling good about it.

In Numbers 14, we find a man named Caleb who got it right.  God told Moses to send some men to explore the land which he was about to give to the Israelites.  Ten of them decided to change the mission.  They decided it was their job to determine whether or not it was a good idea to take possession of the land or not, essentially disregarding God's instructions.  They got it wrong and it cost them their lives.  Caleb, however, was firmly fixed on one question:  What did the Lord say?  That is what we should do.  God called it, "following me wholeheartedly" and he blessed Caleb.

What's the pattern of our lives these days?  Are we best described as a "mission changer" or a "wholehearted follower"?  Getting it right is a great life to live.
       
Grace and Peace,

Tom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?