When God Speaks

"I will show you what it's like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it.  It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. ... 'I am not even worthy to come and meet you.  Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed.' ... The Lord gives the word, and a great army brings the good news."  Luke 6:47-48, Luke 7:7, Psalm 68:11

My 6th grade teacher was my favorite.  He was tough, but fair.  His expectations were high and articulated very clearly.  It was one of the few moments in my life where I actually wanted to sit in the front row.  In doing so, I made sure I was listening to what he had to say.

The Bible puts a premium on listening, particularly when God is speaking.  Our verses for the day tell us that God's word provides a solid foundation, unleashes his power, and results in the heralding of good news.  We're told also that the heavens declare his glory and every tribe and tongue can understand it.

Class is in session.  God is speaking.  Let's take our place in the front row.  Today is to be a day of stability, power, and good news.  Let's join in with the heavens and declare his glory to all we encounter!
     
Grace and Peace,

Tom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?