Worthy

"Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowances for each other's faults because of your love. Always keep yourselves united in the Holy Spirit, and bind yourselves together with peace." Ephesians 4:1-3

After what seemed like an eternity, the minister finally declared, "I now pronounce you husband and wife." I was (and continue to be) so filled with joy. "I'm a husband ... how cool is that!?", I thought to myself. It wasn't long after that day where another thought hit me, "I'm a husband ... how scary is that!?" I fumbled that ball for years until I was finally humbled and turned to God and cried out, "Help!!" 

Living up to who we are is a big deal. It's one thing to be called a husband, it's something completely different to live up to being one. Similarly, it's one thing to be called a Christian, it's something completely different to live up to being one. Humility, gentleness, patience, bearing with each other's faults, protecting unity and living in peace are all great until we're called to live up to it when it's very hard to do so. 


The world we live in pushes us to conform to its thinking, its way of doing things. The Jesus way is nothing like the world's way. Paul's challenge is clear, we must get our life in line with what we say we believe. If we are believers in Jesus, we've been called, "children of God." It's passed time for all of us who claim that title to humble ourselves, turn to God and cry out daily, "Help!" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?