Chosen Instrument

 "But the Lord said, 'Go, for Saul is my chosen instrument to take my message to the Gentiles and to kings, as well as to the people of Israel.'" Acts 9:15 "... I am fortunate, King Agrippa, that you are the one hearing my defense today ..." Acts 26
 
It was 93 degrees. The humidity was 99.99% with barely a cloud in the sky. Simply walking out the door produced severe perspiration. It was the perfect day to NOT do this particular project on my honey-do list. And yet, there I stood in the baking heat with my shovels, rake, and splitting maul. Before me sat two enormous rocks that needed to be moved into holes that I would have to dig through gravel and clay to make. During one of my water breaks, I found my most effective tool...my son-in-law. It felt way beyond good to check that off my list!!   
 
When Jesus introduced himself to Saul/Paul, it was jolt to say the least. However, it wasn't just for dramatic flair that Jesus blinded Paul on the road to Damascus. It was for a mission. It was to give him a sound to play that was unique to him. He took his place in the divine orchestra where God would play beautiful music through him. Sounds of salvation through faith in Jesus emanated from him wherever he went. He was a chosen instrument built to harmonize with all the others in order for the Kingdom to advance.
 
If you are a Jesus follower today, you have been chosen too. You are wanted. You are valued. You are charged with a critical part to play as well. No one else can play your part just as no one else could play Paul's part. As an instrument, it is quite clear that we are incapable of generating our own sounds. Jesus said, "Apart from me you can do nothing." Paul would say the same thing this way, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Are we available? Are we willing? Have we surrendered? Listen closely. The conductor is tapping his music stand. It's go time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?