A Father's Voice

“When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: 'You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.'" - Luke 3:21-22

I've got a great dad, for whom, I am very thankful. I am reminded on a regular basis that not everyone has a great dad, but I do. My children are very gracious to me and assure me time and again that I'm a great dad too. I often times feel I fall woefully below the "great dad" threshold, but at the very least their comments give me something to live up to.

In our verses today, we are privileged to hear the greatest Father of them all speaking to his child. It is so personal that we're tempted to leave to give them privacy. However, God the Father wanted us to hear and learn from him what a great dad gives their child. "You are my Son" - Belonging, Identity and Significance. "Whom I love" - Value, Worth and Security. "With you I am well pleased" - Acceptance, Affirmation and Assurance.

The obvious question for us parents today ... "Are our children receiving these things from us?"

Grace and Peace,

Tom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested

Nothing Left

Who is Jesus?